SB Loves: Dressy Shorts
As far as I’m concerned, summer is THE SEASON to bust out a dressy short. I’m not a huge fan of tights under shorts – unless you’re a 17 year old poetess who madly scribbles in a kitten journal from the branch of a tree. If you’re cold enough or pasty-legged enough to need tights, then save yourself a step and throw on some jeans.
But a dressy little short in the height of summer is boyish, unfussy and leggy. More subtle than a miniskirt, a dressy short is unexpected and fresh right now.
Go ahead and show off those gams, girls.
1. Volume. Somewhere. You’re going for soignée rather than sorority, so keep it slouchy and cool. Think shorts with a little volume, a flowy top or a loose blazer.
2. Height. A high heel or wedge will elongate your legs, as will a buff, natural or metallic-colored shoe. Make sure the shoe isn’t too delicate or dressy for this look, or you might end up looking like a hooker.
3. Length. A dressy short shouldn’t be too short, or too long. There’s a sweet spot on every woman’s thigh, and only you can find it. (Hint: it’s roughly four inches from the cachoocha.)
4. Sitting. Sit as if you were wearing a miniskirt. Same rules apply: knees together. Open scissors are a danger to you and others.
5. Legs. Obviously this look isn’t for everyone, but by and large, women are way too hard on themselves. You do not need legs up to your eyeballs to pull this off. And keep in mind that most guys out there will be sending out silent thank yous for showing a little leg. Moisturize those puppies and bust them out.
Photo credit: of Amanda Seyfried – justjared.com; of Eva Longoria – Amanda Schwab/STARTRAKSPHOTO.com
The spectacular bitch's RSS feed. Grab it.